|How to Reduce Cholesterol with Yoga|
Yoga and Lowering of Cholesterol
Apart from curing a host of different body ailments, it has been claimed that yoga can also reduce cholesterol levels in a person's body. The ground upon which this claim is premised is simple and plausible. According to yoga teachers, the main cause of rise in cholesterol levels is the frequency of environmental stressors present around us. These stressors then induce hyperactivity in the human body which then results in a high intake of cholesterol and fat-rich foods. These then result in a high level of blood cholesterol.
The following yogasanas can be done to reduce the level of cholesterol in blood stream:
* Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Seated Twist): Apart from relieving stiffness in the upper part of the body, this pose is also helpful in improving digestion in the body. In an indirect way, this helps reduce cholesterol.
* Kapalabhati Pranayama: It is a type of breathing exercise which can be undertaken not only to reduce high levels of blood cholesterol but also other body ailments.
* Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand): Shoulder stand can really invigorate the entire body, thereby significantly dropping the stress levels experienced by the human body.
* Shalabhasana (Locust Pose): This pose helps remove defects in the posture of the human body. At the same time, it is also an effective tool to reduce stress levels in the body. Though it might look simple, users should not consider it a cake-walk. It does require some balancing and control to execute it.
* Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation): This is an elementary pose but is highly effective in reducing stress levels in the morning. Practicing it for 5 minutes in the morning can give your day a wonderful start.
* Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Pose): It is one of the many asanas for meditation. It too has a positive impact upon the body and can be practiced without any problem. However, it does require a certain level of flexibility to execute the pose.