|Causes of High Triglycerides|
People who have an above normal level of triglycerides in their blood stream are at a higher risk of heart disease.
The main causes of high triglycerides levels in your body can be:
2. Heredity: It can also be a main cause for the high triglycerides. There are some forms of high triglycerides that can be as a result of hereditary factors.
3. Intake of high fatty food: Excess calories in the form of carbohydrates and fats like sugar, bread, dairy products results into obesity which is one of the causes of high triglycerides. As your body weight goes above normal an increase in the triglycerides level is in your body is imperative.
4. Alcohol: Intake of excess alcohol increases your liver's triglycerides production thus reducing the efficiency of cholesterol absorption from the blood. It also causes dangerous spikes in the triglyceride levels that trigger inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis).
5. Illness: Prolonged illness can also be one of the causes of high triglycerides in your blood. The diseases that can result into high triglyceride levels are diabetes, hypothyroidism, kidney disease and liver disease.
6. Medications: Certain drugs such as birth control pills, steroids, beta-blockers and various diuretics (water pills) can be causes of high triglycerides as they affect cholesterol metabolism.
7. Prolonged Psychological Stress: Stress can be one of the main causes of high triglycerides level in the blood. Although stress does not directly increases the triglycerides level but in a way affects your mood and eating habits. Stress reduces the body’s capability to metabolize fat. This results in an increase in the triglycerides level.
8. Cigarette Smoking: Research has established a link between cigarette smoking and lower HDL levels and higher LDL and triglyceride levels.
9. Lack of physical activity, no exercise, and sedentary lifestyle: Lack of proper physical exercises, improper diet, and irregular eating habit are some of the causes that result in high triglyceride levels in our body.
In case you suffer from a high level of triglycerides then there is no need to worry. Following a healthy lifestyle will definitely help you to reduce the level of triglycerides in your blood. The two main components of a healthy lifestyle are exercise and a controlled dietary profile.